The core mandate of this Directorate is to establish standards and benchmarks for training, inspect institutions to ascertain compliance with set standards and recommend curriculum review. It is headed by a Director and assisted by two managers.
The functions of the directorate are:
1. Establish standards for training.
2. Categorize and schedule institutions for standards compliance assessments.
3. Inspect institutions for compliance with set TVETA standards and guidelines.
4. Co-ordinate evaluation of standards compliance assessment reports.
5. Liaise with National and County Governments on compliance with TVETA standards.
6. Co-ordinate field offices and liaise with field officers on mapping of TVET institutions.
7. Monitor advertisement by TVET institutions in print and electronic media for enforcement and compliance with standards.
8. Update TVET database for standards compliance.
9. Enforce industrial attachment and internship policies as per the TVET Act, 2013.
10. Advise on the development of schemes of service for trainers.
11. Benchmark best practises on training standards compliance.
12. Develop guidelines for TVET training facilities.
13. Curriculum review for programmes or course of study.
14. Monitor examinations by various examining bodies for standards compliance.
15. Vetting of foreign examining bodies for compliance with TVETA standards.