The core mandate of this Directorate is accreditation of institutions, course approval, accreditation of trainers and equation of certificates. It is headed by a Director assisted by two managers.
The functions of the directorate:
1. Evaluate applications for accreditation of institutions and licensing of programmes and courses.
2. Categorize and schedule institutions for assessments.
3. Assess TVET institutions and prepare reports.
4. Co-ordinate evaluation of assessment reports.
5. Accredit institutions.
6. License programmes and courses.
7. Develop and maintain database of accredited institutions, and programmes and courses licensed.
8. Liaise with TVET examining bodies and curriculum developers on the examination centre.
9. Maintain and disseminate updated record of all courses examined by various examining bodies.
10. Equate certificates and undertake recognition of prior learning.
11. Evaluate applications for registration and accrediting of trainers.
12. Develop, manage and maintain register of TVET trainers.
13. Liaise with professional bodies on accreditation of programmes.