Strategy Planning and Research
The core mandate of this Directorate is to advise on TVET policies, conduct and contribute to TVET research and publish information on TVET issues; to initiate and engage in development and innovative projects; they also develop and participate in networks and collaborations within and outside the country. The directorate is headed by a Director assisted by two managers.
The functions of the directorate are:
1. Advise on policies, plans and guidelines for implementation of the TVET Act, 2013 66
2. Conduct research on TVET.
3. Initiate and engage in development and innovative projects.
4. Collect, examine and publish information relating to TVET.
5. Establish linkages and collaborations for best practice in TVET.
6. Coordinate tracer studies of TVET graduates.
7. Determine training needs and objectives in TVET to inform policy.
8. Enhance public private partnership in TVET and industry.
9. Develop and participate in relevant local, regional and international networks and partnerships.
10. Monitor implementation of policies guiding TVET.