Application for registration and Licensing of Trainers
Section 23 of the TVET Act, 2013 requires that all TVET trainers are registered and licensed by the TVET Authority Board. The list of accredited trainers shall be posted on the Authority’s website and training providers shall be required to recruit only accredited trainers.
The Authority, therefore, invites qualified TVET trainers including those who had applied earlier to submit their applications for registration and licensing through our online registration platform. TVET trainers and industry practitioners and also invited to submit their applications as assessors and/ or verifiers for CBET programs available on our website. The duties and responsibilities of assessors and verifiers are as stated in CBETA Standards and guidelines derived from section 57(b) of TVET Act, 2013.
The application is done online and submitted through the TVET MIS portal at mis.tveta.go.ke. The application needs to be accompanied by documentary evidence of the following requirements:
- At least a Craft Certificate (awarded by an approved qualification awarding institution) – KNEC/KICD, CDACC, NPs, KASNEB, NITA or an accredited university (local or foreign)
- Pedagogy training i.e.,
- Bachelor of Education degree, Bachelor of Technology Education degree, Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Education and Extension, Postgraduate Diploma in Education from a recognized university, or
- Diploma in Technical Education/Final Level Instructor Training from the Kenya School of TVET (formerly Kenya Technical Trainers College – KTTC)
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI)
- Evidence of continuous professional development (CPD). This requirement is ONLY applicable to those renewing their trainer license after a 3-year expiry period.
- Before submission of the online application form, make sure to attach certified copies of academic and professional certificates and pay the requisite charges.
- A trainer license is valid for a period of three years after which you are required to renew the license.
- First-time (new/fresh) application – KES 1,000.00
- Renewal of trainer license after a 3-year expiry period – KES 500.00
- Upgrading of a trainer license after acquiring a higher qualification of KES 1,000.00
Any person who contravenes the provisions of the TVET Act, 2013 commits an offense and is liable on conviction to a fine of a sum not exceeding one million shillings or imprisonment for a term not exceeding three years or to both as provided for in sections 17(4), 22(4) and 56.
In case of any challenge, write an email to email@example.com