The Authority accredits institutions and approves managers of institutions and new programmes.
1. Undertake a business name search from the Registrar of companies via Ecitizen
2. Obtain a “letter of no objection” on suitability of the name from TVETA
In order to obtain the letter of no objection, come with;
i. Reserved business name search
ii. Invoice for the name search
iii. Copy of KRA Pin for the Director(s)
iv. Copy of ID for the Director(s)
v. Dully filled and signed BN2 form (Click here to Download)
3. Register the Business name with the office of the Registrar of Companies
4. Download the TVETA application Forms for accreditation of institution, manager, Trainer, approval of programs, foreign institution and checklist here.
5. Submit complete application documents to TVETA offices located at Utalii House 8th Floor.
6. An accreditation officer will check the documents and compute the amount to be paid. (TVETA Gazetted Fees)
7. You will then be required to pay the amount through MPESA or TVETA bank account below.
|MPESA Payment||TVETA Bank Account|
|1. Go to the MPESA menu,
2. Select payment services
3. Choose Pay Bill option
4. Enter 894135 as the business number
5. Enter your full name as the account number
6. Enter the amount
7. Enter your pin and press Ok
|A/C Name: Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority
A/C No.: 1212502450
Bank: Kenya Commercial Bank
Branch: Kipande House
After making payment the applicant will complete a registration form in duplicate as evidence of having submitted their application. An acknowledgement letter will then be sent to the applicant.
Inspection and Assessment
1.The institution will be scheduled for inspection and a Team of assessors will visit and inspect the institution for compliance with set standards. Download the assessment tool here
2.The assessors will prepare an inspection report which will be presented to TVETA Board
Registration and Licensing
1. Resolution of the Board based on evaluation of the inspection report shall be;
i. Approve Registration and Licensing of the institution
ii. Reject the application
iii. Request the Institution to improve within a period of six months
2. The applicant is notified on results of the TVETA Board resolution within 3 months from the date of submission of a fully compliant application documents
3. TVETA will issue training License to qualified institutions and maintain a register of the institutions and programs approved.
TVETA will maintain a register of;
i. Registered and licensed institutions
ii. Ongoing registrations
iii. Institutions recommended for improvement
At this point, the accreditation process is complete, and an institution will be issued with a registration certificate and training license.