SELECTION PANEL FOR APPOINTMENT OF A MEMBER OF THE TECHNICAL AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING AUTHORITY (TVETA) BOARD
THE TECHNICAL AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING ACT, 2013
ANNOUNCEMENT OF VACANCIES (3 VACANCIES)
The Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority (TVETA) is established under Section 6 (1) of the Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Act, 2013 (hereafter referred as the Act).
The Authority is mandated to among others:
- Regulate and coordinate training
- Accredit and inspect programmes and courses
- Advise and make recommendations to the Cabinet Secretary on all matters related to training
- Determine the National Technical and Vocational Training objectives
- Promote access and relevance of training programmes within the framework of the overall National Socio-Economic Development plans and policies.
- Prescribe the minimum criteria for admission to training institutions and programmes in order to promote access, equity and gender parity
- Establish a training system which meets the needs of both the formal and informal sectors as provided under the Act
- Inspect, license, register and accredit training institutions
- Advise on the development of schemes of service for trainers
- Assure quality and relevance in programmes of training
- Mobilize resources for development of training
- Ensure the maintenance of standards, quality and relevance in all aspects of training including training by or through open, distance and electronic learning
- Perform any other functions necessary for the better implementation of the Act with the approval of the Cabinet Secretary
The Act provides for the appointment of a Board consisting of a chairperson and eight members which shall be the Governing body of the Authority. In pursuant to the provisions of Section 8 of the Act, 2013 the Selection Panel invites applications from suitably qualified Kenyan citizens to fill the following vacant positions in the TVETA Board.
- Vacancies for positions of members of the TVETA Board
For appointment as member of the TVETA Board, a person shall: –
- Possess at least a Bachelor’s degree from a university recognized in Kenya
- Have proven knowledge and experience of more than fifteen (15) years in matters relating to any of the following;
- Technical and Vocational Education and Training
- Legal matters
- Financial matters, or
- Any other area of competence related to the functions of the Authority.
- Have served in a Senior Management position in a public or private organization for a period of more than five (5) years
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Terms of Service
- The member of the Board shall hold office on a part-time basis for a term not exceeding three (3) years and shall be eligible for reappointment for a further one term
- The member of the Board shall be paid such remuneration and allowance as are determined from time to time by the State Corporations Advisory Committee (SCAC)
- All applications should be accompanied by clearance documents from the following organizations: –
- The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Department of Criminal Investigations (DCI)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Confirmation of authenticity of foreign degrees from the Commission for University Education (CUE)
- Applications, together with detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of academic and professional certificates, National Identification Card or Passport, together with relevant testimonials and certificates should be sent to:
Selection Panel for the Appointment of Member, TVETA BOARD, Utalii House, 8th Floor
P.O Box 35625-00100
Scanned copies of applications emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org so as to be received on or before 5.00pm East African time on 14th April, 2020
In the spirit of promoting the national values and principles of governance of inclusiveness and equality, women, persons with disabilities, the marginalized and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Prof. Michael N.I. Lokuruka, Ph.D, EBS
CHAIRMAN TVETA BOARD SELECTION PANEL