The TVET Authority Board has gazetted the following six Standards in pursuant to Section 57 (1) and (2) of the TVET Act.
1. TVETS 01:2019 TVET Standard — Competence-Based Education, Training and Assessment (CBETA) — Requirements and Guidelines, First Edition.
This Standard prescribes terminologies, requirements, and guidelines for the development of training standards and curricula for CBET in Kenya.
2. TVETS 02:2019 TVET Standard — Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR) — Requirements, First Edition.
This Standard prescribes requirements and guidelines applicable to all PLAR providers in Kenya.
3. TVETS 03:2019 TVET Standard — CBET Trainers Qualification Framework — Part 1: General, First Edition.
This Standard prescribes general requirements for instructors, trainers, assessors, verifiers, curriculum developers and training managers.
4. TVETS 04:2019 TVET Standard — National Polytechnics — Requirements and Guidelines, First Edition.
This Standard prescribes requirements and guidelines for national polytechnics in Kenya in the areas of leadership and management, physical resources, CBET programmes, and library services and facilities.
5. TVETS 05:2019 TVET Standard — Open, Distance and E-Learning (ODeL) — Requirements and Guidelines, First Edition.
This Standard prescribes requirements for Open, Distance and e-Learning (ODeL) centres through traditional distance education; e-learning provisions; blended learning and virtual education and training modes.
6. TVETS 06:2019 TVET Standard — Centre of Excellence — Requirements, First Edition.
This Standard prescribes minimum requirements for a team, a shared facility or entity that provides leadership, best practices, research support and/or training for a focused area.