Stakeholders in the TVET sector were on 6th and 7th June reviewed and validated TEN draft Standards and Guidelines developed by TVET Authority through extensive consultations and bench-marking with best practices around the world.
Ten draft standards reviewed by the stakeholders included:
- The Competence Based Education and Training and Assessment (CBETA) Standard and Guidelines
2. Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR) Standard and Guidelines
3. TVET Trainer Qualification Framework (TQF)
4. National Polytechnic Standards and Guidelines
5. Trainers/ Assessors and Programme Designers/Developers Training Standard
6. Agricultural Crops Production Level III Training Standard
7. Masonry Level III Training Standard
8. Mechatronics Servicing Level III Training Standard
9. Community Health Level III Training Standard
10. Entrepreneurship Level IV Training Standards
After the validation by the stakeholders is concluded, the documents will be handed to the Kenya Bureau of Standard for further validation and standardization before they are gazetted.
The event was graced by the Principal Secretary for Vocational and Technical and Training Dr. Kevit Desai, TVET CDACC Chairman Prof. Charles Ondieki, TVET Board of Directors Engineer Catherine Nyambala, Mr. Sammy Milgo, Prof. Faith Muli and Mr. Burua Sanga.
The workshop was opened yesterday by TVET Authority Director General/CEO Dr. Kipkirui Langat.
In is speech he said:
“We are certain that once these documents are completed and have been put in use, they will play a vital role in guiding the sector and aligning it with the government’s strategic development plans.”
Some of the stakeholders present during the validation conference included:
The host TVET Authority, representatives from GIZ, Utalii College, TIBS, Ashleys, National Employment Authority (NEA), KNQA, Kabete National Polytechnic, Bandari College, Vera Beauty, KNEC, Kenya Institute of Professional Counselling, Equip Africa Institute, Bukura Agricultural College, Directorate of TVET, Kenya Nutritionist and Dietician Institute, Sigalala National, Thika TT, LIWA, Kenya Engineering Technology Registration Board (KETRB), Institute of Engineering Technology (IET), KNAC, Meru Institute, SILIKON Consulting Group, KESRA, NIPS, Kisii National Polytechnic, CITC-Thika, Thika School of Medical and Health Science, KEPSA, SOS TTI, RTI, KUCCPS, HRMPEB, KICD, MOE, KTTC, SIKRI TVC, NITA, MOALF-SDL, SHANGTAO Media Arts, KCNP, Generation Kenya, KTTC, Jua Kali Federation, Nursing Council, Elgon View College, TIBS, Kenya Water Institute, KSA, KMLTTB, KIHBT, Friends College Kaimosi, KAM, KIPS and many more others.