This process entails the registration and licensing of a training institution/trainer to have the capacity to offer training in a particular area, by entering the name in a register. It confirms that an institution/trainer has met set standards for training in a programme.
The Authority accredits institutions, trainers, and approves managers of institutions and new programmes.
1. Undertake a business name search from the Registrar of companies via Ecitizen
2. Obtain a “letter of no objection” on suitability of the name from TVETA
In order to obtain the letter of no objection, come with;
i. Reserved business name search
ii. Invoice for the name search
iii. Copy of KRA Pin for the Director(s)
iv. Copy of ID for the Director(s)
v. Dully filled and signed BN2 form (Click here to Download)
3. Register the Business name with the office of the Registrar of Companies
4. Download the TVETA application Forms for accreditation of institution, manager, Trainer, approval of programs, foreign institution and checklist here.
5. Submit complete application forms to TVETA ( Telposta Towers 25th Floor)
6. TVETA will Verify and evaluate the completeness of the application Forms and an acknowledgement letter will be sent to the applicant
Inspection and Assessment
7. The institution will be scheduled for inspection if the application is found to meet minimum requirements by the TVETA Director General.
8. A Team of assessors will physically visit and inspect the institution for compliance with set standards for registration and licensing. Download the assessment tool here
9. The assessors will prepare an inspection report which will be presented to TVETA Board
Registration and Licensing
10. Resolution of the Board based on evaluation of the inspection report shall be;
i. Approve Registration and Licensing of the institution
ii. Reject the application
iii. Request the Institution to improve within a period of six months
11. The applicant is notified on results of the TVETA Board resolution within 3 months from the date of submission of a fully compliant application
12. TVETA will issue training License to qualified institutions.
and maintain a register of the institutions and programs approved.
TVETA will maintain an institution register of;
i. Registered and licensed
ii. On going registrations
iii. To improve
At this point, the accreditation process is complete, and an institution/trainer will be issued with a registration certificate and training license upon payment of the requisite fees. (TVETA Gazetted Fees)
TVETA Bank Account
A/C Name: Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority
A/C No.: 1212502450
Bank: Kenya Commercial Bank
Branch: Kipande House